- The travel time to the train station, even at the late time we left, was traffic-free enough to put us at the destination ~20 minutes before we had planned on arriving;
- TSA agents were not searching everyone’s luggage, which is very aggravating and time-consuming (and seriously, Amtrak is too good at screwing itself up for terrorism to really make much of a difference);
- The replacement bus from Albany to Springfield, while getting lost twice, figured out what was going on relatively early;
- Everything with floor crash space worked out;
- We made our connections on the way back to the extreme: almost everything was early instead of late.